Tuesday, December 27, 2011

8 weeks of Coaching


Turkey season is upon us which means Turkey Trot's!

Here's how the last few weeks of training have worked out:


Week 6 (12 hrs):

Swim: 4.4 miles
Bike: *40 miles (On a trainer...just a mileage guess)
Run: 16 miles
Lift 3 days a week/Stretching and Yoga!

Week 7 (13 hrs):

Swim: 5.3 miles
Bike: *40 miles (On a trainer...just a mileage guess)
Run: 16.5 miles
Lift 3 days a week/Stretching and Yoga!


Week 8 (10 hrs) Recovery week & FASTEST 5K Ever!:

Swim: 2 miles
Bike: *20 miles (On a trainer...just a mileage guess)
Run: 7.35 miles
Lift/Stretching and Yoga!

Felt great leading into the race. We had beautiful weather for the annual Parkville Turkey Trot. The course and weather was very favorable to turn in some speedy times and that's what happened. I ended up running a 18:30. I might have went out a little fast (first mile was a 5:11) but it felt great. Leading into mile 2 I started to develop a cramp in my upper chest which I haven't happened before. I definitely fell off pace but very please with the outcome. This is almost a minute faster than last year...I definitely believe the training is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment